Don’t Wait Until 2018, Adults Can Get Free Tuition Now!
You might have heard that Tennessee is considering a program to provide a last-dollar scholarship to adult students beginning in the fall of 2018. But you don’t have to wait until 2018 to get free tuition! Now is the time to go back for your degree! Enroll TODAY!
What is Cleveland State’s Adult Promise?
Adult Promise is a last-dollar scholarship for adults available only at Cleveland State. With this scholarship, qualified adult students may pursue their dream of earning a college certificate or degree tuition free! This scholarship is made available thanks to the generosity of the Cleveland State Community College Foundation and its donors.
Do I Qualify for the Adult Promise Scholarship?
You may qualify for the Adult Promise scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- You are an Independent student 19 years of age or older and are not eligible for Tennessee Promise
- You have never earned a college degree
- You enroll at Cleveland State in a degree or certificate program, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov) and have demonstrated financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
How Do I Apply for Adult Promise?
To apply for the Adult Promise scholarship, you should first enroll at Cleveland State, then complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Next, log into CougarNet, click on Financial Aid > Scholarship Types > Online Scholarship Application and complete the General Application.
Is There a Deadline to Apply for the Adult Promise Scholarship?
Scholarships will be awarded as long as funding is available. Priority will be given to qualified students completing their FAFSA and Scholarship application by July 1, 2017.
How Do I Keep the Adult Promise Scholarship once I receive it?
Once you earn the Adult Promise Scholarship, you’ll need to do a few things to keep your funding:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Pass a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester (part-time students) or a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester (full time students)
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress and remain aid eligible per financial aid guidelines
Will the Adult Promise Scholarship program continue after the 2017-2018 Academic Year?
We at Cleveland State anticipate that the states proposed Reconnect program will begin Fall 2018, so we will work to help qualified students transition into the new program.
What about other scholarships?
Cleveland State offers many different types of scholarships in addition to the Adult Promise Scholarship. You may apply for other academic or need-based scholarships through the general scholarship application to see if you may qualify.