Why Cleveland State?
We offer more than 40 degree and certificate programs in a wide range of disciplines. Our graduates have been successful in careers like business, manufacturing, healthcare, education, and public and social service. Whether you are interested in a major that leads directly to a bachelor’s degree at a university, or a program which leads to directly to employment in such fields as Nursing, Medical Assisting, Paramedic, Mechanical Maintenance, Computer Technology, Business, or Early Childhood Education, we have a program that can get you started on a path to a successful future. We offer convenient class schedules, including courses in both Cleveland and Athens, so we’re close to wherever you might live in our service area. Plus, we have an active Student Life Program, including student activities and events, student clubs and organizations, athletic and campus recreation programs, and lots of services to support you both in your academic pursuits and your out-of- class experiences!
You’ve applied for Tennessee Promise—so what’s next?
Students who met the November 1 application deadline will need to complete several additional steps to remain eligible for Tennessee Promise:
- Attend the MANDATORY meeting at your high school in January.
- Complete Your FAFSA and college application by January 17, 2017. (And make sure that you’ve listed Cleveland State as your college of choice on your FAFSA and your Tennessee Promise application!)
- Attend a second MANDATORY meeting at your high school in Spring.
- Register as a full time student for Fall Semester at Cleveland State by July 1, 2017.
- Attend your New Student Orientation between May and July.
- Complete and submit 8 hours of community service between November 3 and July 1, 2017.
- If selected for FAFSA verification, provide documentation to your institution by August 1, 2017.
Need more information?
Tennessee Achieves is the organization that coordinates the program for Tennessee Promise students in 85 of the 95 counties in the state, including all of those in east Tennessee. You can contact them through their website (http://www.tnachieves.org). For more information on enrolling at Cleveland State, contact our Enrollment Services Center at 423.472.7141, extension 310, or email our staff at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to helping you fulfill YOUR Tennessee Promise for 2017 at Cleveland State!